W are Funeral Home was established in 1891 in Chillicothe by Carey Jacob Ware. Originally, the funeral home was located on East Second Street and remained there until 1926 when Carey moved the business to its current location at 121 West Second Street. In 1938, Thomas A Ware became a partner with his father and was joined by his son Charles M. "Chuck" Ware in 1951. He became a partner with his dad in 1959 and has been sole owner since the death of his father in 1964. In 2001, we added our larger beautiful chapel giving us the ability to have three large room available for visitations at the same time.
The Ware Funeral Home has been serving this community with compassion and integrity for 115 years.